[ale] Recording Screencasts in Linux

aaron aaron at pd.org
Sun May 17 22:59:17 EDT 2009

On 2009, May, 17, , at 9:04 PM, Andrew Grieser wrote:

> gtk-recordmydesktop is what I use, it's easy to use but only saves the
> video to ogv format, so you'll have to convert it to something else if
> you want windows users to be able to see it.
>
> Andrew

I would phrase that as "It's easy to use with the bonus that it only
saves to Free, Open Source video codecs, so you can play them back on
any platform, even the diseased ones."  ;^)

There are lots of options for OGV playback in the Mafia$oft world,
including codec packs for freeing up the Windblows Media payer.

vorbis dshow:
   <http://tinyurl.com/ogvonwindblows>

codec pack for wmv player:
   <http://tinyurl.com/mouxl>

Infinitely better to make open standards accessible to windblows
victims than to mutate healthy media into proprietary viruses.
:-)

peace
aaron