[ale] sloppy coding in breath tester

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri May 15 07:18:38 EDT 2009

I am reminded of _WHY_ the computer science majors are required to
take so much math and science in school in addition to the programming
classes.

I also recall that most whined and complained about having to take
those classes as they didn't seem "relevant to their major".

I guess I know now what type of programmer the breathalyzer company hired.

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 1:36 AM, Richard Bronosky <Richard at bronosky.com> wrote:
> Re: The averaging -- As a DBA, I am constantly shocked by how often I
> have to tell developers, "You can't do that with these numbers. You
> aren't getting an error, but you also aren't getting anything
> meaningful."
>
> On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 9:09 PM, Sean <drifter at oppositelock.org> wrote:
>> Apparently there is sloppy code and *really* sloppy code.
>>
>> But I was a bit miffed at the terminal insult that some of the
>> code had originally been written on an Atari!
>>
>> http://www.dwi.com/new-jersey/state-v-chun
>>
>> Sean

> .!# RichardBronosky #!.

James P. Kinney III