[ale] Multi-homed server networking

Kenneth Ratliff lists at noctum.net
Tue May 12 09:28:23 EDT 2009

As long as none of the servers are doing ip forwarding all he needs to
do is hook the backend up and assign the IP's. Nothing on the frontend
network will have a route to the backend network, so no communication
between the two will be possible.

If he wants his backend network to have a route out of the subnet
things get a little more complicated, but this just sounds like he
wants to hook a bunch of second NIC's to a totally seperate switch
that will be used just for the servers communicating on the second
NIC's.