[ale] How to Mount a DVD-ROM Drive?

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Mon May 11 17:44:49 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I hope my issue is a small one. I'm running Fedora 10, kernel
2.6.27.21-170.2.56.fc10.x86_64. I have an internal DVD burner drive, but
it's very inconsistent with mounting. Some times I have to reboot the
machine or try to eject and reinsert the CD/DVD multiple times before it
recognizes it.  Is there a way that I can mount my DVD burner, in the same
fashion that I've done my other two hard drive partitions?

I've made entries in /etc/fstab and added /dev/sbd{1,2}, so my partitions
mount every time I boot.  What is the device path to the DVD burner or how
can I find that out?  Thanks.

--
Marc F.

www.fergytech.com
Registered Linux User: #410978

"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!"