[ale] restricting web input

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue May 5 15:44:41 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:
> Jim Kinney wrote:
>> More evil: Make them type it in BACKWARDS for the confirmation. It
>> will force them to _LOOK_ at the first version at least.
>
> I actually prefer that they enter it sorted in a random alphanumeric
> order...

How 'bout an AJAX game where they use the mouse to reassemble the
scrambled letters from the first entry to match.

Or a test email just verify no "invalid user" bounce". Or at least a
dns lookup on the domain to make sure it has an mx record.

A message along with the single email entry "If you put your email
address in wrong, an evil troll kills a cute little bunny".

James P. Kinney III