[ale] generate streaming videos.

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Tue May 5 13:48:12 EDT 2009

Atlanta Geek wrote:
> Thanks guys.
> That gives me some stuff to research.  We have spectrum analyzers that
> we want customers to be able to access remotely.  We've written an app
> in flex/flash to control them but now customers are asking for
> iphones/blackberry support. We require at least flash 9 for the flex
> app so we thought a workaround could be to generate a streaming video
> for cell phones.

I'm confused about how someone can "control" something from a video. It
sounds like you want to replicate the fancy graphics of your flash GUI
on a platform that doesn't support flash but does have good javascript
support. Maybe these two projects are relevant:

Raphael [0] is a javascript library for generating and manipulating
vector graphics.

The Dojo [1] javascript toolkit (a project sponsored by IBM , Sun, and
Zend) includes two modules (dojox.charting and dojox.gfx) related to
graphics.

[0] http://raphaeljs.com/
[1] http://www.dojotoolkit.org/

All the best,