[ale] OT: who's bought/seen Caprica?

Robert Reese~ ale at sixit.com
Sat May 2 19:25:27 EDT 2009

>>> Bah - it's not really BSG if it doesn't have Egyptian headdress
>>> helmets and the Cylons are hot blondes instead of metallic
>>> beasts with red lights for eyes.

>>> Close. They _use_ many BFG's on BSG.
>>>

>> Okay, now I'm really confused!?!  Before StarGate?  A new
>> Terminator reference?
>>
> Never played doom, did ya? BFG 9000! Big <bleep>ing Gun!

Actually, I was playing this afternoon on our N64 with my 5-year-old son who
loves Good Guy/Bad Guy games and wants "lots of guns" to kill the monsters.  And
yes, we have the BFG.  ;c)

We also watched the movie a few weeks ago and he now knows BFG stands for Bio
Force Gun.

It was BSG that threw me...  my first reaction was BSD with Gnome, but the rest
of the post didn't fit.  Perhaps it meant Best Friend's Girl.  But nope, that
didn't fit either.  Then someone wrote about blondes and Egyptian headdresses
and assumed it may have referred to Samantha Carter from Stargate SG-1 on some
new Stargate show like "Before Star Gate".  Again, though, it didn't fit
perfectly as an awful lot of different metaphors are being bandied about.

Maybe it means Bi-Sexual Geeks?

R~