[ale] OT: Sprint bringing WiMax to Arlanta this year

PairOfTwins PairOfTwins at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 30 11:22:55 EDT 2009

Sean:

A few weeks ago Clear gave me a demo of their wireless service (
Clearwire + Sprint = Clear ) in a coffeeshop.  6 mbits on the speed
test.  They're planning to "paint the town green" with their ad blitz.

 From http://www.antennasearch.com/ I can count Clearwire antennas
located on 14 towers within 4 miles of home.  Looks like they're
blanketing the city, but not putting up their own towers.  I'm wondering
whether that loud buzzing in my ears, which began in early February, is
in any way related to the addition of formerly unused spectrum going
live, on top of AM radio, FM radio, analog TV, digital TV, and cell
phone radiation.  When WiMAX was deployed in Sweden, an uptick in ER
visits prompted the government to investigate...

Tom