[ale] OT: Sprint bringing WiMax to Arlanta this year

Stephen R. Blevins srblevi at worldnet.att.net
Fri Mar 27 10:51:02 EDT 2009

Backhoes aren't a threat, but general power outages (tornado's,
thunderstorms, lightning, ice storms) are.  During this last winter's
snow/sleet/ice storms in the Midwest, *cell phone towers* were *without*
power.  If that is my only way to contact an ambulance for the heart
attack victim at my feet, they may die.  This is why I resist my wife's
urging to get rid of our land line and go strictly cell phone.  YMMV.

Stephen R. Blevins
srblevi at worldnet.att.net