[ale] OSS web app service offer - click2try.com

aaron aaron at pd.org
Tue Mar 24 11:45:09 EDT 2009

from:
http://www.click2try.com/user-group-html

Posted after request communication to me from
the contact. person, Mark Smallwood.  Checked
it out, seemed appropriate to post to the list.

=======
Our company has just launched a new website at click2try.com
that hosts Open Source apps targeted to small- and medium-sized
businesses. Using Xen and some homegrown code, we've created
a jukebox application to host the apps, and a viewer that lets users
run the applications from within a browser, without the need to
download software to the local client. In addition, visitors can run
all of the hosted applications at no cost, during a trial period, which
they can read about on the site.

We currently have more than 35 business pplications available,
including CentOS and Eclipse. We hope that some of your Open
Source users and/or LUG members, especially newer members,
would like to ry these application deployments running in our
Xen hypervisor implementation.

Designed as a community site, click2try includes a forum,
reviewing and rating features, and links to many other resources
related to each of the applications. We've also created some
original resources for different applications, and will continue to
add to those as time goes on. Our goal is to make Open Source
applications as easy to use as possible, especially for companies
that may not have in-house IT expertise.

Although our market is primarily small- and medium-sized
businesses, we value the perspective of user group members,
who we believe will have a more technical perspective than the
typical business user.

If you think your members might be interested in taking a look,
please forward them this email or the link below, which will take
them to a special entry page where they can sign up for a free
account.

http://www.click2try.com/user-group-welcome

We would love to talk to you more about your user group and
Open Source. Please feel free to contact me any time.

Mark Smallwood
mark.smallwood at click2try.com
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots.
You need JavaScript enabled to view it
1.713.401.9654 ext.108

P.S. We also have an introductory video that covers all of the
capabilities of the site, if some of your members would be
interested in seeing that first: