[ale] [JOBS] Sr. Admin Position

aaron aaron at pd.org
Fri Mar 20 12:40:01 EDT 2009

Fowarding a Linux admin employment opportunity...

Title:
Sr. Systems Administrator

The Sr. Systems Administrator’s role is to ensure the high
availability, performance, and scalability of our internal IT
infrastructure, as well as our customer facing technology systems that
run our products, whether deployed at customer sites or in our SaaS
datacenter. Includes but not limited to monitoring systems, backup
systems and other related hardware and software, as well as Linux
servers that power MySQL / Oracle databases and business applications.
Responsibilities

   * Design, implement, and maintain large-scale environment of Red
Hat Linux servers, backup systems, and the associated software and
hardware to ensure maximum performance, efficiency, scalability, and
availability.
   * Coordinate with network and business application administrators,
customer support, project management, and database administrators to
ensure our server and IT infrastructure platforms meet customer
requirements.
   * Design, implement, and configure disaster recovery plans for
operating systems, databases, networks, servers, and software
applications.
   * Establish and implement policies, procedures, and technologies to
ensure security of network systems, proper system administration, and
appropriate end use.
   * Lead, coordinate, and participate in key process improvements for
all server environments across the customer base.
   * Accountable for infrastructure quality assurance and testing methods.
   * Provide on-call technical support for end users
   * Provide training and mentoring to junior staff through timely,
constructive feedback.
   * Perform parallel tasks assignments; ensure timely completion of
deliverables.

Qualifications

   * 5+ year’s hands-on experience with deployment and management of
large scale Red Hat Linux environments. Includes server monitoring
systems for proactive notification of system problems.
   * Proven expertise with designing and implementing enterprise
backups and disaster recovery of large-scale Linux server
environments.
   * Thorough knowledge of server and operating system configuration
and implementation including hardware, software, RAID, SCSI, and other
storage technologies.
   * Hands-on experience with server virtualization, for example Xen
or VMware / ESX server.
   * Experience with backups & recovery of Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server
databases is a plus.
   * Proven expertise with Unix / Linux scripting.
   * Working technical knowledge of networking protocols such as DNS,
WINS, SMTP, SNMP, RPC, FTP, IP internetworking, etc.
   * Ability to conduct research into network, hardware, software and
product issues as required; able to quickly grasp new products and
technologies
   * Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
   * Strong customer service orientation.
   * Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
   * College or university degree in the field of Computer Science or
related technical field preferred.
   * Proficient in MS Office, MS Visio, and MS Project.
   * Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
   * Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
   * Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
   * Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
high-pressure, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
   * US citizen.
   * Must have background sufficient to receive US government security
clearance.

     Contact:

     Leslie Baker

     Corporate Recruiting Consultant for OverSight Systems

     770-518-8001

     tllcbak at bellsouth.net