[ale] IBM to buy SUN?

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu Mar 19 22:49:00 EDT 2009

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 09:02:01 -0400 (EDT)
Mike Harrison <meuon at geeklabs.com> wrote:

> At least I actually know people who use AIX and Solaris in production
> at real businesses. I haven't seen a SCO machine in a while.. Except
> for one running a local medical practice (green screens on serial
> terms). Their "upgrade" is RedHat and a web browser interface.

I don't know what they're using these days, but several years ago,
Comdata exclusively deployed their fueling and POS systems on top of
SCO UNIX.  Also, hotels that used HSS used to run on SCO, then they
went to Linux.  It seems that their next move is likely to be to
Windows, according to their (HSS') Web site.

	--- Mike

--
My sigfile ran away and is on hiatus.
http://www.trausch.us/