[ale] IBM to buy SUN?

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Thu Mar 19 13:05:15 EDT 2009

I gather that you and he were in completely different parts of the
organization.   I was at Ale NW for one of the presentations done there
about the Linux/MySQL stuff.   Maybe they have another data center for
the non-web stuff?  There is a big colo site around the corner from TWC.
He and I worked together at another company where he was the lead
developer and at the time I spoke to him a year or so ago he was in some
sort of Development Management role at TWC.

What his group does I don't know but it was AFTER that you and I spoke
at Ale NW (which went dormant before you left TWC due to the
construction).  I recall asking you about HP-UX during one of the Ale NW
meetings and you said so far as you knew TWC never used it but I know
for a fact one of the first ads I saw on my return to Atlanta 4+ years
ago was for an HP-UX admin for TWC.