[ale] ssh + ldap

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy.bouse at undergrid.net
Thu Mar 19 09:33:12 EDT 2009

	You can use PAM to authenticate the accounts, but the patch goes
further in allowing you to actually store the authorized public SSH keys
within the LDAP tree rather than having to store them in the account on
the server. For a large implementation this is a big time saver.

	Debian makes use of storing SSH keys within LDAP but to maintain the
upstream code without patching they have scripted routines that run on
the servers to pull the SSH keys from LDAP and install them on the
servers. This just means a delay when you change or update your
authorized keys; whereas this patch would allow you to immediately make
use of a new key added to LDAP.