[ale] mental tinkering

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy.bouse at undergrid.net
Thu Mar 19 06:17:55 EDT 2009

	I'm making the assumption you're using Xen given the way you describe
the proposed setup. With Xen the dom0 is the only privileged domain with
access to everything, subsequently each domU virtual machine is an
unprivileged domain and only has access to what it is given. I've not
found anyway to break out of the domU and acccess the dom0 because the
domU is never told about it. As far as the domU is concerned it is the
only machine running. If you only give the second domU (monster) access
to the inside NIC, it won't even know there is a second NIC going to the
outside.