[ale] OT: Goin Comcast

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Tue Mar 17 14:39:27 EDT 2009

Wifey and I are moving into a rental house which is in a Comcast
controlled area. On the Broadband Service they are pushing this thing
they call PowerBoost to get 12 Mbps. From what I am able to gather it
requires software install that only runs on M$ Windoze, so what happens
with a Linux box or my wifeys state owned laptop that she is not allowed
to install software (running M$ XP)? Also they require that they set up
home networks or I'm not supported. Anyone know what the deal with that is?

TIA

Scott