[ale] Mini PCIe?

Jeff Layton laytonjb at att.net
Mon Mar 16 17:42:05 EDT 2009

Afternoon all,

I've been spending some time looking on newegg at SSDs.
I noticed there is a class of them that are Mini PCIe drives.
I gather these are for netbooks and laptops. But I did find
that ASUS (I think) has a cable that converts from Mini PCIe
to PCIe x1. So I started thinking. A number of motherboards
have a bunch of PCIe x1 slots so one could take a maybe 2-4
of these drives and cables and create a simple RAID-0
device with pretty decent performance.

Any thoughts or comments? (I'm sure I'm missing something or
someone else would have done it).

Thanks!

Jeff