[ale] php & apache2 on debian

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Sun Mar 15 13:16:35 EDT 2009

On Mon March 9 2009, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> > This is bad.  The line above tells Apache to treat files that end in
> > "php" like regular HTML.  It will override the line above it which
> > describes the ".php" type.
>
> commented it out, no change..

after setting up Jaunty on my laptop ( Mepis & Debian failed to recognize my
network card) and running tasksel & installing apache, mysql, php5 and
phpmyadmin, I was able to get get php working with apache. I was also able to
run that simple script:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

so I went back to my desktop, ran it again, and it worked. Now I get this in
the error.log:
[Sun Mar 15 07:51:25 2009] [notice] Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) PHP/5.2.9-0.dotdeb.1
with Suhosin-Patch mod_jk/1.2.27 configured -- resuming normal operations

 SO, the issue is with gallery2, NOT php. gallery2 says to download & run a
script, GHcc.php and look for errors.  all it does is open untitled windows
in firefox continually, until I close firefox. nothing in /var/log/apache.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800