[ale] Mail server with self signed Cert

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Wed Mar 11 10:02:04 EDT 2009

> weird message in my logs.  It seems a customer could not mail TO us because
> we have a self signed cert.  Anyone run into this before?   Any
> recommendations on someone to sign a new cert if we need to go that route?

Many mail clients are now requiring valid certs, and if you are mail
hosting for the general population, it's a wonderful thing.

I've been impressed with  RapidSSL.com for reasonable cost and excellent
system for creating certs... So far they have worked great. Much better
than GeoTrust used to. I've used RapidSSL's wildcard certs as well
with good results.