[ale] Best Netbook for Beginner

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 18:50:15 EDT 2009

Did he ask you about a netbook with Linux instead of Windows? If not,
I really don't see the reason behind talking him into something he
doesn't want. All your requirements for Ubuntu (a pipe dream IMHO) are
present in XP.

I know that is contrary to what you would expect to hear on a Linux
enthusiasts mailing list, but it's the truth. You're dealing with
someone many miles away. You can't just pop over to their house when
something goes wrong (and it will). So recommending something strange
to the user just because it is your preferred thing doesn't make sense
to me.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/