[ale] Just Curious about Starting a Local User Group

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 18:18:41 EST 2009

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 6:04 PM, James Sumners <james.sumners at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you seen Fairburn lately? I'm not thinking many people around
> here use Linux.
>
> On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Marc Ferguson <marcferguson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'd like your feedback, especially from the folks that run this user
>> group.  I'm not really going to start one, but if I was going to start
>> a new Linux User Group for the city of Fairburn, what would say you
>> all?  Is it going against ALE?  Is it all good since it's more user
>> groups for Linux?  Is it a waste of time since it hasn't already been
>> done?  Thanks for any feedback.
>>
>> By-the-way, are any of you planning on attending the SoutEast
>> LinuxFest (http://www.southeastlinuxfest.org/)?  I'd like to go and
>> surely represent ALE! ;)
>>
>> --
>> Marc F.
>
> --
> James Sumners
> http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/
>
> "All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts
> pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it
> is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become
> drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted."
>
> Missionaria Protectiva, Text QIV (decto)
> CH:D 59

I've lived in Fairburn for about two years now.  Yes; it's certainly
not the most up-in-coming tech spots for the open source types.
That's why I'm wondering if it's too much trouble.  The lack of funds
might make it a good breeding ground to get folks to use a FREE
operating system.  Again; it might be fruitless... it's a tough call.

--
Marc F.

www.fergytech.com
Registered Linux User: #410978

"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!"