[ale] SOLVED: Re: "Too many open files" while opening a socket on Ubuntu

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Thu Mar 5 12:05:38 EST 2009

Addendum: this fs.epoll.max_user_instances thing is apparently
a recent addition to the kernel (2.6.28), and the kernel
team has already decided it was a bad idea, and it's going
away as of 2.6.29.  I think this is the first time I've ever
been bitten by such a picayune detail of a single kernel version.
I just picked the wrong day to install Ubuntu, I guess :-/

-- JK

--
A closed mouth gathers no feet.