[ale] OT: M$ vs. Linux netbooks

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 17:48:13 EST 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 2:12 PM, Robert Reese~ <ale at sixit.com> wrote:

>> <yawn>
>>
>> Move on already. ;-)
>

> That's the attitude that allows them and others to get away with it and provide
> no incentive to prevent future, and in all probability much worse, offenses.

There's a reason that treason and war crimes have no statute of
limitations. It keeps the atrocities alive in the minds of those with
an interest for pursuing the wicked to bring them to stand trial for
their transgressions.

As despicably corrupt as American politicians are viewed, even those
that can't keep their zipper up and stop lying about it, making
decisions that produce a profit for the decision maker while
endangering the peace and safety of Americans is viewed as treason.
Choosing to engage in a war that is anticipated to be near genocidal
in scope is grounds for being accused of war crimes.

Every American patriot should be appalled at any elected official or
otherwise representative of this country who would act in such a
reprehensible manner as to draw allegations of wrong doing with the
labels "treason" and "war crimes". Regardless of ones political party
affiliations, the world view of America being led, managed, run, or
supporting of individuals or groups accused of "war crimes" is a
reputation that will take generations to resolve.

While none of this involves the use of Linux in any form, the prior
administration and it's president mandated the use of Microsoft
Exchange and subsequently "lost" emails. Had they used a rationally
designed system, such a Linux based system, the emails may not have
been lost and thus could have been recovered in time to prevent
further erosion of public trust, both domestically and abroad,

Our new head honcho seems to like open source as a solution to
budgetary woes. That is a clear improvement in policy that is directly
related to the community aspect of ALE.

James P. Kinney III