[ale] [OT] Roadrunner?

Matt Gilbert matt at mattgilbert.net
Tue Jun 30 23:18:02 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I've been a bit of a lurker for a while now, and I have an OT question you
all would most likely know something about.

Does anyone have experience with Roadrunner ISP? I had the impression that
it was basically a quasi-high speed variation on dial up, leveraging
server-side caching and compression for the most part, but I can't find
anything to confirm this. It's apparently a cable ISP like any other (albeit
owned by AOL-Time Warner). Is there any reason I should avoid them like the
plague, the way I would anything else with the letters A, O, and L, in it?

My real question is, if one were stuck in the woods for a while with
Roadrunner, could one function?

Matt