[ale] iphone tether?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 00:48:08 EDT 2009

yeah. all the reading I've been doing says jailbreak (which causes other
"issues") or do other wierdness. Not my phone so I'm not going to go that
route. A netbook with a cell phone card seems like a good idea. On Tue, Jun
30, 2009 at 12:40 AM, Richard Bronosky wrote: > I have tethered, without a
tethering plan — just the unlimited data > plan, both a Nokia N95 and a
BlackBerry 8820 on AT&T (and T-Mobile) so > there is no reason this
shouldn't be doable from any other GSM phone. > You are surely going to have
to JailBreak it, or pay for an extra > tethering plan. Not sure if the plan
exists yet. > > On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 12:15 AM, Jim Kinney wrote: >> and
ssh apps for iphone. iphone has an ssh app but the use is null since no >>
keyboard stays up. Looking to use iphone to tether a netbook (will be >>
running Linux when done) for ssh application. Doable? Crazy idea? Links to
>> working setups? Better ideas? Portable iphone keyboard? -- -- James P. >>
Kinney III Actively in pursuit of Life, Liberty and Happiness >> [] >>
Happiness
[]