[ale] stupid pricing games

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Sun Jun 28 10:48:48 EDT 2009

On 06/28/2009 08:44 AM, Jeff Lightner wrote:
> I certainly agree hardware support is cheap compared to time and materials (or replacements).

When you can buy a laptop for $500, buying an extended warranty for another several hundred dollars more doesn't seem like a great idea. You can easily configure a Dell with a 4-year in-home repair plan that costs as much as the laptop. Put the money in a CD instead and use it to buy another laptop if the first one breaks.

--
All the best,
Brian Pitts