[ale] stupid pricing games

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 15:22:57 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Geoffrey<lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:

> Well, they must be using different technologies.  My daughters MacBook
> Pro has a 'glossy' display, but it is fine.  I have a client who picked
> up a high end Dell laptop and it is absolutely terrible.  I don't know
> what the differences in the way Apple vs Dell are, but it's a world of
> difference as far as I can see.

Glossy vs. Glossy with anti-glare coating. Look at the mac in an
oblique light with the screen on a white background at a very glancing
angle. Look for a hint of blue or green to appear as you get closer to
the parallel to the screen viewpoint.

My glasses have an anti-glare coating so I don't see my eyes looking back at me.
James P. Kinney III