[ale] stupid pricing games

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Fri Jun 26 09:38:21 EDT 2009

Mike Harrison wrote:
>> inch hunk of Lead that she can't even tote. The screen is the worst I
>> have seen since 1991. It has a "1980's (projection) big screen TV"
>> bright bar that goes across the screen horizontally and shifts as you
>> tilt it. The edges are so dark that you can't tell the time without
>> tipping the screen back. It's an absolute disgrace.
>
> I think the defining laptop feature is the quality of the screen...
> and I'm blown away by the one on my recent Sony laptop. 18.4" that
> has me almost preferring my laptop to my dual 24" viewsonics..

I tend to agree, although I've always found Dell laptops to be kinda
cheezy/cheap looking.  I have an old 17" Sony that is still kicking that
has a great screen.  My 17" MacBook Pro is simply awesome as is my
daughters new 15" MacBook Pro.

I've seen a couple of these Dell 'glossy' screens.  All I can say is,
what the hell were they thinking?  They show any small smudge and
reflect any and every light from behind.  They are only useful in a dark
room.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin