[ale] Xen - further OT

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Wed Jun 24 10:31:44 EDT 2009

I spent nine months working on a project in south Florida, and you would think beaches and sunshine, but it was a lot of my airports, hotel rooms and data centers.

I did get to watch the sun rise on the Atlantic one morning in Ft. Lauderdale and then watch the sun set in the gulf from a rooftop restaurant in Sarasota once.

But that was only because I had flown back to Ft. Lauderdale from Sarasota on a single engine Cessna "Air Sunshine" flight the day before, worked all night, then drove back to Sarasota for a client dinner meeting with my regional manager that evening.

A real laid-back flip-flops environment.

-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
http://www.eastcobbgroup.com

Jeff Lightner wrote:
> You only think you would because you haven't done it.
>
> I worked in the Caribbean for several months and even working tax free
> wasn't enough to keep me there.  (Of course I found out on my return
> that stays of less than one year meant you had to pay tax on all your
> foreign earnings in the U.S. d'oh!)

You're probably right.  I just see this kinda 'Jimmy Buffet' view of
things, sitting there in my flipflops on the beach with my laptop and a
Bahama Mama... ;) (the drink..)

Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin