[ale] OT: Cell phone signal blocker

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Mon Jun 22 18:41:32 EDT 2009

On Monday 22 June 2009, Mike Harrison wrote:
> And while ya'll are playing high-tech, it's amazing what a tesla coil
> and a spark gap do to ANY radio usage. ;)

Certion types of welders use a high frequency generator, have a spark gap,
and do a pretty good job of mucking up reception. Specifically TIG
machines set up for aluminum. (The older and more out of adjustment the
better for this application)

If someone complains a welder is a bit more easily explained than a tesla
coil. Plus I'm quite certion some kind of signal could be arranged so the
welder in the basement always strikes his arc at the proper moment:)
--
William