[ale] OT: Cell phone signal blocker

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Mon Jun 22 18:33:00 EDT 2009

Hello Vernard,

Monday, June 22, 2009, 12:11:02 PM, you wrote:

> ok, this is going to sound like I've been watching too many sci-fi
> movies but I want to obtain a device that can block cell phone reception
> in about a 10 to 20 yard radius. This is not for myself but for a friend
> of mine. He is one of those people that runs the Team Trivia events at a
> local sports bar. He is having a hard time with folks cheating by
> looking up the answers to trivia questions on their blackberries and
> such. He is hoping that he can block the signal they are using.

Your friend is a compleat and utter moron, and if not sued out of
existence for the next seven generations he deserves any penalty he gets
from the FCC.

He's willing to put people's lives in danger, as well as interfere
with more than cell service, just to keep people from looking up
sports trivia answers?!?

Un F'ing Believable.

I'm certainly going to look forward to reviewing the prosecution's
and/or the plaintiff's lawyer's attack of your friend in court.  And
the bar's subsequent forfeiture sale.  ;c)

The answer, by the way, is very easy and cheap to implement: print up
some flyers that say "Trivia Team Members Must Leave Cell Phones With
Bartender".

Good grief.

Robert~