[ale] Cell phone repeater for indoor reception

Jason Fritcher jkf at wolfnet.org
Sat Jun 20 21:41:19 EDT 2009

On Jun 20, 2009, at 8:16 PM, Richard Bronosky wrote:
> Do any of you have any experience with Cell phone repeaters? I'd like
> the kind that you DO NOT dock your phone into. I am on ATT and their
> more bars in more places excludes my home. I'm hoping to keep in
> around $200, but I have seen anything under $350. I would like one
> that will work with all domestic technologies in case I switch
> carriers, but if it keeps the cost down, I'll go with an ATT/TMobile
> GSM only unit.

If you have a 3G UMTS phone, AT&T is going to be launching a microcell
soon that you attach to your broadband internet and works like a short
range cell. I've been participating in a trial that just ended with
these microcells and in your type of situation, they should work
pretty well.

--
Jason Fritcher
jkf at wolfnet.org