[ale] I want a new laptop. I don't want windows. Got a refund?

David W. Millians millia at panix.com
Fri Jun 19 17:06:45 EDT 2009

So I'm looking around for a new laptop. Lenovo has one with a graphics
coproc and a decent screen at a good price. There's no ubuntu version,
of course.

Has anybody here had any luck with the 'Windows Refund' recently?

Looking at the Dell site, I can't get an equivalent system to the
Windows version if I go Ubuntu, and it costs me the same for less power.
I'm wanting to avoid Microsoft, but I'm not willing to pay Dell more for
that, especially since I'm not going to call them for support.