[ale] AT&T U-verse TV

rs at ale.spam.futz.org rs at ale.spam.futz.org
Wed Jun 17 11:03:47 EDT 2009

>The setup SUCKED.  The tech was at the house all day and missed a lot of the
>network devices (which he assigned static IP addresses too and configured
>the router to reject any non-static devices)

The tech at my parent's house didn't force static IPs, but he did seem to be
confused by a hub with a dedicated uplink port (e.g. not autosensing), which
left a portion of the network non-functional until I could get over there.

>Lastly, and probably most importantly, the 2wire PoS Residential Gateway has
>the crappiest 802.11 signal I've ever seen on any device.

I had the opposite experience. The signal from the box was much better than
the linksys router that it replaces.

--
Arguing with an Engineer is like wrestling a pig in mud.
After a while you realize the pig is enjoying it.