[ale] AT&T U-verse TV

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 21:47:48 EDT 2009

I kind of like that  "no extra $$ for the analog second tv" with
comcast. I'm not giving the kids channel options as one will want
nothing but cartoons and the other will want every movie channel.

Yet part of me likes the "we only have one tv" aspect of AT&T. Better
things to do than brainrot all the time.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 8:56 PM, Atlanta Geek<atlantageek at gmail.com> wrote:
> We have it.
> It wasnt really cheaper because we had to get the tier that had the one
> channel the kids had to have.
> We got 2 converter boxes where with comcast we only got 1.
> With comcast we got a single digital box and several analog tv hookups. Now
> we have 2 digital boxes but since there is no analog  channels we only have
> the two TVs.
>
> Occasional macroblocking but no wrorse  than comcast.  Boxes tend to need to
> be rebooted a little more often.
>
> We arent switching back.
>
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 8:30 PM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> is less $$ than Comcast for comparable tv channel count (actually AT&T
>> offers more channels than comcast per tier).
>>
>> What do the technology guinea pigs of ALE think of the quality of
>> their picture? How big is (another friggin') converter box?
>>
>> I have no plans to use their Internet or phone products (I _LIKE_ my
>> Speakeasy and Vonage combination!)
>>
>> --
>> --
>> James P. Kinney III
>> Actively in pursuit of Life, Liberty and Happiness

> http://www.atlantageek.com

James P. Kinney III