[ale] AT&T having outgoing email issues

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Tue Jun 16 20:33:42 EDT 2009

Geoffrey wrote:
> jeremy.bouse at undergrid.net wrote:
>> That's why you never rely on them for e-mail... Same goes for DNS
>> while we're on the topic... So long as my DSL line has connectivity
>> they've earned their monthly charge. I don't rely on them for
>> anything more.
>
> Then you're stuck with webmail and I have yet to find one I like.
> Bellsouth blocks port 25 unless you pay business $$$, so you're screwed.

FWIW...

My hosting provider (phpwebhosting.com) provides send-only SMTP
service on port 2525 for its customers (as well as unlimited POP
inboxes).  Works great, no blacklisting issues.  $9.95/month for the
hosting service; the send-only STMP is a gimme. I didn't even know
about it, in fact, until I started getting blacklist bounces when
using my usual SMTP server.

-- JK