[ale] iphone email connections to dovecot imap

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 18:17:13 EDT 2009

I'm trying to connect an iphone to a dovecot imap server. The dovecot
server is setup to use ssl/tls. I can get to it remotely using a
thunderbird client but the stupid iphone doesn't connect at all. After
the config process tries it's test it asks to try without ssl and
still fails.

Watching the /var/log/messages for an incoming connection at the same
time and I never see the iphone attempt a connection but I always see
the thunderbird connection.

ideas?

James P. Kinney III