[ale] lojack for laptops?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 17:20:23 EDT 2009

Nice but if the / partition is encrypted (as it should be) it will
never get to the rc.local

Maybe a kernel module that blasts a multicast "I'm alive" packet like
a dhcp request (or buried _in_ the dhcp request?). Of course that
would require more than just a single server.

Hmm. I recall and IPv6 packet blast that connects all winders machines
to redmond. Maybe a similar process for Linux that verifies system
mac.

Still ponder the delivery process of a packet-based C4 charge....

What we _REALLY_ need is a process that changes the BIOS to only
display STOLEN FROM * * when powered on.

TeeHee!! Just make that the default boot screen background! Add a
siren sound on boot up that bbypasses the volume control.

James P. Kinney III