[ale] serverfault.com

Michael B. Trausch mbt at zest.trausch.us
Wed Jun 10 20:48:49 EDT 2009

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, Richard Bronosky wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Michael H. Warfield<mhw at wittsend.com> wrote:
>>        Ah...  Obviously a typo.  You meant "experts-exchange" (.com) not
>> ExpertSexChange (.com).
>
> Not a typo. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expertsexchange#History I
> despise this site and that it pops up in all of my Google searches
> even though I cannot view the pages that are indexed without paying. I
> never give them the honor of the hyphen.

They do alter their pages when you come from a Google Search; scroll all the
way down and the answers are at the bottom.  No sign-up required.

Go here, click the first link, scroll all the way to the bottom.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=installing+mysql+experts+exchange&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Eventually, they'll either fix the bug or be removed from Google; IIRC, Google
does not permit sites to return content that is designed to lure Google Search
users into coming back to the site by providing enhanced content.  It's
possible that this is a legitimate bug in their software, but I doubt it.
It's been there for an awfully long time.

 	--- Mike