[ale] Debian virtualization suggestions

Mon Jun 8 17:28:25 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Brian Pitts<brian at polibyte.com> wrote:
> Out of curiosity, does you keep a cache like Squid or Varnish in front
> of your app servers?

We've toyed with the idea of: logged in viewers hit the app layer,
non-logged in viewers get a cached page. We ended up just heavily
integrating memcached into all of our apps. It's still a possibility,
but we gained so much capacity on our existing hardware by choosing to
"throw intelligence at the problem" instead of "throw hardware/money
at the problem", that we don't need an extra layer of caching yet.

--
.!# RichardBronosky #!.