[ale] [OT] Saturn (Was: Re: everyones favorite chair tosser pitches a tax tantrum)

Michael B. Trausch mbt at zest.trausch.us
Mon Jun 8 15:34:41 EDT 2009

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 15:07:40 -0400
Björn Gustafsson <bg-ale at bjorng.net> wrote:

> I had a manual SL2 for over eleven years.  Got rid of it about a year
> and a half ago.  It still ran great, just had some problems in the
> interior.

Nice.

The car I have is a SL1, 5 speed, with a (now brand new Jasper)
engine.  The original owner beat the piss out of the first engine, and
we managed to make it go another 101,000 miles even in its really
horrible condition before it had to be replaced (while I was out of
town, in Toledo, heh).

At some point, I'd like to acquire a tranny for this car, too... but
that's only a "want" as opposed to a "need".  I, and Erica, can drive
the car just fine.  But I wouldn't loan it to someone without making
sure they could drive it right... when the original clutch wore out on
it, we didn't have the $$ to replace it and floated between gears.
Wasn't terrible, except we completely and utterly murdered the
synchronizer on first gear.

	--- Mike

--
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another