[ale] anyone have any experience with cbeyond they'd like toshare

Edward Holcroft eholcroft at mkainc.com
Mon Jun 8 14:45:32 EDT 2009

Used CBeyond in our Dallas and Atlanta offices for several years and been
quite OK with their service. Had to move away from them as part of a
company-wide 18 office shift to Qwest MPLS (nightmare experience in itself
and still incomplete after six months).
However trying to leave Cbeyond is proving to be exceptionally difficult.
They are doing as much as possible to delay and obstruct the porting of
numbers to new providers - been paying double bills for several months now
while they continue to come up with reasons why the order cannot be
completed.

ed

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 14:20, Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts - Yes! We run Linux!
<ale at ale.org> wrote:

> I've used c-Beyond for several years  (shared T-1, phones &
> internet.) We've had maybe 2 or 3 brief outages (one caused by BellSouth
> clipping the wrong wire, another when  the c-Beyond supplied APC
> UPS powering the switch died, maybe one other due to lightening?). They've
> been generally responsive, the tech support folks reasonbly well
> qualified. Bandwidth never quite hits advertised peaks, which the sales
> guys will warn you about beforehand.
>
> Generally I'd say they're pretty much adequate without being exciting.
> Should we find a cheaper alternative offering significantly greater
> bandwidth, we'll probably think pretty hard about switching. Til then,
> we'll just keep rocking along...
>
> Hope this helps.

Edward Holcroft
Madsen Kneppers & Associates Inc.
3020 Holcomb Bridge Rd. NW
Norcross, GA
30071
Tel (770) 446-9606
Fax (770) 446-9612
Cell (404) 431-6814

WARNING/CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:This message may be confidential and/or
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately then delete it - you should not copy or use it for any purpose
or disclose its content to any other person. Internet communications are not
secure. You should scan this message and any attachments for viruses. Any
unauthorized use or interception of this e-mail is illegal.