[ale] anyone have any experience with cbeyond they'd like to share

Matt Rideout mrideout at windserve.com
Mon Jun 8 14:30:33 EDT 2009

My only experience with Cbeyond has been working with a customer who
uses them for Internet connectivity and VPN access.

I'm not involved in the day-to-day operations of this customer's
network, so I probably wouldn't hear of any minor outages, but if
anything major happens, I'm typically brought in.

On the Internet access front, they seem to be reliable. The one time
that they were suspected of having a lot of packet loss, the problem
turned out to be a flaky firewall.

With their VPN service, I wasn't too impressed with the fact that they
use PPTP for the VPN, and required a change in the customer's internal
IP addressing scheme. Once everything was setup though, it worked
reliably, and has continued to as far as I know.