[ale] [OT based on] Open-Source program(s) for Stock Trading ?

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 09:23:15 EDT 2009

Hey Folks,

Courtney mentioned stock software and that triggered a question I've been
meaning to ask.  Since you guys are like my "advisers" besides Linux I'll
ask you all.

I would like to get into the stock market, but I don't really know how to
start.  My only inclination of the market are http://www.simustock.com/ and
http://www.google.com/finance.  Unfortunately; I don't really know how to
read the market that well. It's just a bunch of numbers to me, at this
point. I've chosen the typical companies (AAPL, GOOG, MA, MSFT, NTDOF, RHT,
etc) to put in my portofilio, but what to do with the news and blah blah
blah. Thanks.

--
Marc F.

"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!"