[ale] US government publishes guide to securing Redhat EL5

George L. Allen glallen01 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 01:19:11 EDT 2009

DISA (Defense Information Systems Agency) also has security guides (STIGs) that
come with scripts for compliance evaluation (SRRs):

Security Technical Implementation Guides:
http://iase.disa.mil/stigs/stig/index.html
These guides cover everything from windows desktops to webservers and databases on Unix.

Unix SRR (multi flavor: Solaris, Linux, AIX, etc):
http://iase.disa.mil/stigs/SRR/unix.html

Index of SRRs:
http://iase.disa.mil/stigs/SRR/index.html

I've played briefly with attempting to achieve STIG compliance on Solaris 10
with the SUNWjass security template package. Works 80% well. I haven't tried
running the SRRs in linux yet.