[ale] [Fwd: Re: OpenLDAP: So close and yet so far]

Jeff Hubbs jeffrey.hubbs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 12:36:50 EDT 2009

Jerald -

That line is in there...in fact, let me paste the whole system-auth file:

#%PAM-1.0

auth            required        pam_env.so
auth            sufficient      pam_unix.so try_first_pass likeauth nullok
auth            sufficient      pam_ldap.so use_first_pass
auth            required        pam_deny.so

account         required        pam_unix.so
account         sufficient      pam_ldap.so

password        required        pam_cracklib.so difok=2 minlen=8 dcredit=2
ocredit=2 try_first_pass retry=3
password        sufficient      pam_unix.so try_first_pass nullok md5 shadow
use_authtok
password        sufficient      pam_ldap.so use_authtok
password        required        pam_deny.so

session         required        pam_limits.so
session         required        pam_unix.so
session         optional        pam_ldap.so

> Also, to let pam know about ldap, look for a line like so:
>
> auth        sufficient    pam_ldap.so use_first_pass
>
> in /etc/pam.d/system-auth
>
> Also, if you want to have home directories automagically made for
> first-time logins, you need:
>
> session     required      pam_mkhomedir.so

Cool trick - dunno if I'll use that now but it's good to know.

Thanks,
Jeff