[ale] Google Wave.

Michael B. Trausch mbt at zest.trausch.us
Wed Jun 3 12:21:41 EDT 2009

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 10:29:30 -0400
Jason Fritcher <jkf at wolfnet.org> wrote:

> On Jun 3, 2009, at 9:33 AM, Atlanta Geek wrote:
> > Any opinion on Google Wave.  It seems pretty cool to me and has a
> > lot of potential.  I think the biggest weakness is if you have all
> > these little google wave servers around there is no way for them to
> > communicate with each other. A strength that email has.
>
> Wave servers can federate like Jabber servers  do. In fact, Wave's
> federation protocol is built on top of XMPP.
>
> Wave as a whole looks really cool to me as well. Google has done
> some really cool work in what they've shown off, but I'm more
> interested in seeing what the community can do with the platform.

My favorite part of the demo was showing a Wave application running in
a terminal window.  :-)

Seriously, though, I'll be really interested in taking a look at it
when its released.  It does look fascinating.  I don't know how much it
will actually catch on, though.

	--- Mike

--
A bad settlement is better than a good lawsuit.