[ale] OT Recommended Domain Registrars

Bob Toxen transam at VerySecureLinux.com
Wed Jun 3 11:22:11 EDT 2009

I've had EXTREMELY good luck with enomcentral.com (formerly enom.com).

They've had one day of down time in 10 years (due to a sysAdmin goof).

They have geographically dispersed DNS servers running Linux throughout
the U.S. each on multiple backbones with generator backup.

Their web interface is easy to use.  They use a short aging value so
that when you change a DNS entry it takes effect quickly.

They answer their phone by the third ring or so 24x7.

Their price is reasonable (not the cheapest but the best).

If you ask me privately I'll tell you another reason to like them.

WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T USE "Network Solutions".  I think they're
terrible!

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 01:18:11AM -0400, aaron wrote:
> I need to register some domain names.  I have a
> godaddy account and the default is to just return
> there, but I am frankly annoyed by their interfaces
> and reg processes in the way they are constantly
> trying to up-sell you; I am tired of clicking NO
> I DON'T WANT THAT a dozen times to keep the bill
> down to what I DO want.
>
> Roughly as cheap as godaddy a big plus. Ability
> to also host DNS without added charge (and with
> web admin access) a requirement.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Thanks!
> peace
> aaron

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]
Quality spam and virus filters.

them all and in the darkness grind them. In the Land of Redmond where
the shadows lie...and the Eye is everwatching"
-- The Silicon Valley Tarot Henrique Holschuh with ... by Bob