[ale] fake usb drive

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 11:00:33 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Preston
Boyington<preston.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jim Kinney wrote:
>>
>> Hmm. I _do_ have an external drive box and a 10G laptop drive... It's
>> slower than a DVD drive but very rewriteable.
>>

> ah, i should have read everything before posting.
>
> ~turns threading back on and gets more coffee~

:-)

I now my hands on an external DVD burner (Thanks Aaron!!).

The big issue with this process is to verify the DVD installation
process as this will be done in the field and build shop by
non-sysadmins. Poke in a disk and it's hands off until time for
hostname and network details. 1 reboot later and sysadmins have full
access (barring failed hardware and even that is redundant in this
setup).

> --
>
> Arrant Drivel - really, it's just trash...
> http://www.arrantdrivel.com/
>
> Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
> http://www.prestonboyington.com/

James P. Kinney III