[ale] fake usb drive

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 09:55:04 EDT 2009

Jim Kinney wrote:
> laptop has no burner. That's the major problem. Have to leave the
> server room to go burn a disk on personal laptop. My office is in a
> different building.

i see.  so you can't have a repository with the software available on
the network?

in the past i've used a laptop with a mirror of my Debian software and
installed it over the local network with just a starter disk.

> Thus the _strong_ desire to get it done with only one DVD burn :-)

could you chainload the isos?  maybe if you had an external harddrive
with the isos on it that might be an option.

i did this years ago with a RH install.  at the time i booted from a
floppy and had the isos on a second hard drive in the box.

while it might not help you with this particular situation it could be
an option for something later down the road.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/